PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/I's with PPLS
Thread: F/I's with PPLS
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 10:22
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was thinking about this today.

I cant imagine CASA allowing low time PPLs to start instructing but rather I would say it was their aim to allow those highly experienced PPL holders to instruct (000's of hours etc). Not a bad idea if you consider the basics behind it...but... My feeling is, if you have someone with that much time and with the supposed ability to instruct then it would only be a matter of sitting a CPL flight test (already meeting the 200hr requirement) and then doing the instructor rating. I cant see whats so hard about that. One flight test and if you are good enought to be instructing with "such a valuable lot of experience" then you should have no trouble passing the CPL flight test.

Another intersting side topic here is are CASA going to allow the PPL holders to be paid for doing a commercial job - ie: making money for a company?? Or are the instructors to work for free and therefore undermine those instructors out there looking to make a quid out of aviation.

I have a feeling thought that anyone who would want decent commercial training or even effective PPL training will go to the schools that employ Commercial Instructors.

My opinion - If you like to fly stay private. If you want to do it for a job (casual or otherwise) then do the professional thing and do the CPL flight test first - its not that hard really, and they fail it are they the people you want teaching other pilots???

Good on CASA hey - Its amazing to think how f*cked up people get when they sit in an office coming up with sh!t ideas and more ways to f*ck up our industry ... (sorry that was my mandatory rant that i have when i get worked up)

Twin.

edited to delete blantant anti CASA slogan - oops

Last edited by TwinNDB; 20th May 2002 at 10:26.