PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 09:36
QRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl:
If everyone could just do what they're supposed to do when they're supposed to do it on the aircraft we would be the best in the world. Problem is, too many think passengers are an inconvenience and distraction.

This kind of attitude bothers me a great deal, and I just wish people could do their job as they're supposed to.
Glamgirl, this kind of attitude has been around for decades. I'm not sure if the 'get as much out of it whilst doing as little as possible' behaviour is endemic in BA cabin crew or representative of society at large.

Either way, you highlight a major issue.
Some crew seem to think that getting to their destination with as much rest and as little personal inconvenience as possible is the main objective.
As opposed to recognising that they are paid to do a job that has the added bonus, when they have finished work, of arriving somewhere desirable (or not!) at the other end.

I'm looking at the loads for my next trip to India. Half full both ways.
To me that's extremely disappointing. To some of my crew (those that haven't gone sick because they 'don't do India') I'm sure it will be a cause for celebration.

WW doesn't get twice the quality of customer service for twice the money. He doesn't even get the best customer service for twice the money.

If it bothers you and me it enrages WW.

I remember asking a Gold card member for his thoughts on travelling with BA recently. He said that after refusing to fly with us for a while he had noticed a marked improvement in the cabin crew. He added 'it's amazing what the threat of losing your job can do to your motivation.'

Nicely put.