PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Captains in SIA..!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 06:30
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King...easy there fella...Sorry if I hit a sore spot...simply interested in what you might be thinking. I actually know more about the SQ situation than you might think. To react the way you have makes many wonder why you feel that the "Local" pilots at SIA get a better deal? Let me help, they get a better deal because they are from SINGAPORE! Standard expat rule all over the world...get used to it. Locals win...expats are cannon fodder. BTW, the scheduling program used by SQ is programmed to balance hours, route qualifications, and other such CAAS requirements. Hours go to those who need training first, training pillots get rostered by those requirements. There is no "seniority list" so to speak, and as such, no one may hog any COP's...But like any program, it can be altered. If you have a gripe, take it to your ALPAS guys, and keep it out of here. To throw your toys out of the crib, or toss an insult or two will only make you look more and more foolish. Ethically speaking? Whatever... What's that old saw...? It's better to keep one's mouth closed and let them think you are an idiot, than to open it and prove it...(paraphrased...)
Have good day!

Last edited by Left Coaster; 16th Jun 2009 at 06:41.