PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 00:49
Andyismyname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stall Pusher, and BASSA,

I am saddened by the way there are so many attacks on the CEO, and in one post the Chairman.

Why cant BASSA stop picking convenient bits of history and move forward?

Hedging is done by most businesses, and indeed by many individuals. Who hasn't bought a bottle of Scotch and filled their petrol tank on the day of the Budget...........just in case the Chancellor increases the relevant duties? That is hedging!!

Prudent companies also buy harvests when the price is low, or in the case of airlines with a known need for fuel, buy fuel when they think the costs is advantageous.

I find it somewhat ludicrous, and sadly bizarrely hypocritical, that BASSA is able to use this line to us Cabin Crew. Lets face it, we kniow a Sale, or a bargain when we see one......or we think we do!! Who hasn't bought things at Abercrombie and Fitch, Maceys, Walmart, Tesco or ASDA when they thought they were getting a good deal? This is exactly what BA were doing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

um.....and those attacks on 'price fixing' always seem to forget that people have actually gone to jail over it.......and they are still locked up!!

With T5, the buck stopped with Willie. Yes he sacked 2 people. I dont know, but perhaps they were the people who failed to tell Willie that there were problems?

I think it was last year, that BASSA portrayed Willie Walsh in either a 'pirate' or 'burglar' style outfit in a newsletter, and included a 'letter from the future' bemoaning a time when changes had been undertaken.

Could BASSA perhaps stop the personal attacks, and the fiction, and deal with the facts, as they affect us NOW?

The past is the past. The CEO is the CEO. The world financial crisis is real, and affecting all businesses. Can you please release the figures that you have seen. It will take a change of tack, but crews will respect you for the blatant honesty. We have had it very good for a long time.

Please stop dwelling on a view of the past, and successfully negotiate our future in British Airways.

Last edited by Andyismyname; 16th Jun 2009 at 02:36.