PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2009, 00:38
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 5

Again a very hot day!!

Im sorry my reports are not detailed as my flight level, angle of turn, fuel burn!! just trying to be helpful to people looking at doing the CPL. If you have specific questions then please put them across to me ill try to answer them.

Again usual two flights of the day.

First was a navigation excercise which included a diversion which i was dreading however it turned out to be pretty simple. But dont be fooled i took off and was consentrating so much on fliying the a/c and doing the checks that i nearlly missed my starting point of my navigation leg. It wasnt till my instructor pointed this out to me. I made three reporting point and when you reach each point, you must do a few checks such as what time did you arrive at the point, Gross checks i.e where am i in relationship to the ground am i going in the correct direction and heading followed by FREDA checks which are aircraft checks then do all your paper work. Do not get fixated on doing a whole task without flying the plane. You will loose attitude and heading very easily done.

Once arrived overhead destination my instructor had diverted the a/c and shown me how to divert which included drawing a line on a map cross referncing with the the compass rose on the map for a heading. Then working out a dist and time. He then let me do a divert to a designated point which i followed the steps as my instructor. We landed back doing a short field landing.

My second flight was all about engine fire and engine failure. Was not bad at all. Justa few drills as fuel selector off, mixture cut off, thottle idel, cabin hearter off, cabin air closed. this was for engine fire. You have to keep asking is the fire out and if it is then do a forced landing and if the fire is not do 45 degrees turns at 85kts turns to the left keep asking the same question. Is the fire out?

Engine failure, includes doing a few drill and keeping the airfield or landing spot in sight at all times. use best glide.

Anyway guys much to do. Allot off work involved. Hope this is enough information for now. If not please ask!!