PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 23:55
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl

The latest that I could find was the BASSA Latest News update of 31May (on the BASSA website). This was the idea that instead of Newfleet, there should be Newcrew. That's to say that new crew would work on current fleets instead of the seperate proposed new fleet.

Beyond that, I can't see much of any substance. There are a few more news-flashes post 31May, some of which (Walsh set for £2.4m pay out, for example, posted on 11June) have yet to be updated with current, correct info.

I think you can safely go with the 2nd sentence of your 2nd paragraph.

As to your 3rd paragraph: Yes, I've noticed quite a few crew lately that are so drained that they find it hard to do things such as post take-off PAs, 2nd bar rounds on band4 sectors, hold a delicup/tumbler at it's base, offer the choice of meals/sandwiches, play the foreign language PAs, play the subtitles on the safety demo video and other such demanding aspects of our job. I even had a briefing recently where the CSD told us that the service routine was "chuck it out, clear it in, read the paper". Truly inspirational!

The above mentioned crew are good at running off the aircraft and through Terminal 5 though, so I guess they can't be that drained after all

PC767

That was then .... this is now. To be fair though, I do see the point you are trying to make. But do you expect premium loads/yields NEVER to improve? I'm sure they will, but in years, not months, and probably not at the £s we have been used to.

Let's hope that the mention of "work we have already done to improve our products and services" wasn't relating to hot towels in WT+ as we really wouldn't want to be caught telling porkies would we?