PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European ATC experienced controller hiring...BS!
Old 15th Jun 2009, 22:40
tesox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European ATC experienced controller hiring...BS!

I just spent 8 months of crap negotiations with a specific operator in Europe. It was an opportunity to work in Europe as an experienced controller...I can say, experience means squat to these guys, you start at the bottom...you worked a busy radar terminal for 10 years, sitting at the top increment at your local company and these guys want you to go over there, start off at the lowest salary increment, start off at the bottom of seniority (which I understand is fair to locals), pick up your family, throw your kids in the local system after never speaking the local language and do it with a smile while you're getting it up the proverbial . I am pissed off that I wasted this much time to realize that I almost gave up being with one of the best companies in one of the best countries, with some of the best pay and conditions for a crazy idea of living somewhere unique with great opportunity...nearly got sucked in to that one.

In my opinion, if your that short staffed, there must be a reason...Im worth more than what you're offering...what sucks for you is that I truly know that now!