PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 20:59
ryand36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stansted

Hey

I've been looking at the STN schedule for this Summer and Winter and I'm quite disappointed to see the operation being scaled back. Over the past 2 years we've lost BSL, LEI, VLC GVA (Winter only now), we have also seen a reduction in frequencies. The only new route we've had recently is the FNC and now that’s down to 4 weekly.

Does anyone know what easyjet’s plan is for the STN base. I'm getting fed up with my local airport being Ryanair Ryanair Ryanair. I know its their major hub but easyJet seem to be being frightened off by MOL.

I understand LTN and LGW are EZY's main hubs as it were but easyJet have cut themselves a little niche at STN flying to places that FR don’t or offering better frequencies, times, prices etc. STN does have a large catchment area and I know many people, including myself who will not fly FR if they can help it. I just think it's a shame we are now down to below 10 aircraft this winter and barely on 12/13 this summer. Id love to see EZY put FR in its place a bit. Just because they base 40 planes at STN doesn’t mean they can do what they like. The customer is loosing out......