PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 15:54
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halifax Bomber Virtual Tour - Yorkshire Air Museum

Hi Icare.
Thanks for the gen on scanning interior of the Elvington Halifax. Managed to obtain full screen . It is amazing and I would suggest all pruners should view. Not only can you pan round the various stations, but can scan up and down , even see John's astrodome , made from a flat sheet of perspex. An absolute tribute to John and his helpers, not to forget the people who produced the film.
Look at the pic below, showing John and his wife standing in front of the Halibag.It is still awaiting the front section, and then compare it with the finished inside pics.You will then appreciate the vast amount of work, scrounging for parts, studying blue prints , routing of pipes and wires, etc, they experienced

I am visiting Beverley, and Pocklington at the weekend, and have arranged to meet John and search his memorabilia for items of interest If I find anything of interest ,will reproduce here. With a bit of luck I may persuade him to load PPRuNE on his new laptop.
Now working on replies re Form 700, Regle's PPRuNE badge, lost tail wheels. stowaways, PHEW.