PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 15:46
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's going to keep the cat?

TorC Part of the problem is as I see it is the bitterness and anger between BA management and BA cabin crew. I have worked for the airline just over 20 years and the tensions between the two sides seems to be increasing on a weekly basis.
Yes, tensions/emotions etc will fluctuate, as they will do in any form of relationship. That's only natural.

What is also natural in most relationships, if they are honest and true relationships in which both parties want the best for each other, is a willingness by both parties to talk/listen/question/understand/give/take etc and to try to move towards a common point of resolution, at a cost acceptable to both parties. This is what seems to be sadly lacking in the BA/BASSA relationship. I accept that blame lies on both sides. I do not accept though that it lies in equal proportions.

As an employee, I relate myself directly to BA, not via BASSA. I have a seperate relationship with BASSA. Most of the time, I'm fairly content with my relationship to BA. It feels to me to be quite a healthy and open relationship. BASSA and me though, we are on shaky ground, and maybe about to argue over who gets to keep the cat.