PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 14:22
Gringobr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost in Saigon

Up to this point in time, there is no real evidence of an inflight breakup. They could have impacted the water intact. The aircraft could have broken up during a planned ditching. There have been lots of possible explanations for the spread of debris and bodies
There is... see below.. Rosy coloured teeth
What the bodies say
Some of this info is new.. Passengers unconscious due to decompression.
Aircraft hit the sea probably in a near horizontal attitude.
I am taking this information from a local magzine called Veja dated 17 June (but available for sale today), page 69.. It is a top quality magazine and has the best analyses etc I have seen on this accident.
Summarizing because I ( and others) have already posted some details here
1 There are no burns etc (no bomb/explosion/fire) and the bone structures are basicaly preserved.. means the plane did not fully disintegrate in the air and/or at least the part where they were sititng arrived at the ocean relatively intact
2 What the doctors here call "4 fractures" upper parts of arms and legs ( 4 parts) broken.. This happens with accidents in which aircraft hit the sea with passengers sitting in their seats
3 Rosy (coloured) teeth. this symptom means the passengers were subjected to decompression , sudden exposure to rarified air and -56 degrees, they lost consciousness quickly before dying (all bodies rescued to date)
4 Clothes and documents, many of the bodies (but not all) had their clothes relatively intact, with documents and boarding passes. This means a good part of the part of the cabin where they were seated hit the sea relatively intact