PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 12:18
TorC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despair!

As BA CC myself (Eurofleet) I have to say that I am starting to despair of this whole situation, and am doubting that many of my colleagues have any ability whatsoever to trully see what's happening to BA and the industry in general. How that will translate if it comes to any kind of vote absolutely terrifies me.

Over the last few days, so many that I have worked with are simply spouting along the lines of "BA is not in financial trouble, it's all lies", "Willy just wants to destroy BASSA", "It's illegal to make anyone redundant", and the latest now is from those crew who, having read the subject title of the VUW offer, think that they are being asked to give up ALL payments (including allowances) for 1-4weeks, think it only applies to crew (so is therefore unfair), or think they are being asked to work their days-off.

That's scary, but what's worse is that despite many postings on the BASSA and other CC forum sites, it seems that BASSA itself is quite content to let this confusion run riot amongst it's members.

That said, I have to also say that I'm finding the (mostly) level-headed debate on here to be quite uplifting, despite the seriousness of the subject matter. There may be hope!