PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No RPT LAME requirement
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 04:08
Checkboard

Received 145 Likes on 71 Posts
airsupport, if I were doing MEL-SYD-BNE-TSV overnight, then TSV-BNE-SYD-MEL the next day. I would have been operating the systems on that aircraft for two days, monitored the instruments for eight or so hours, performed six walk-arounds and at least one daily (I don't understand your comment about a daily not being required for the second day). If there were anything wrong with the aircraft, I would know it. If anything was about to go wrong - and it could be picked up in a pre-flight inspection - I would have a better chance of catching it, IMHO, that a LAME inspecting the aircraft once.

Now none of this is to say or imply that I don't trust or respect the professionalism of LAMEs. I simply think that, as pilots perform pre-flight inspections as a matter of course, it is a waste of resources having a highly qualified technician wandering about an aircraft repeating the performance.

As to tradition, I would say that the daily inspection is traditionally the pilot in command's job. Pilots daily the aircraft, even if the job has already been done by a LAME. Pilots daily the aircraft from the time they start their first flying lesson.

I don't know why you would have grave concerns that only I was checking the Aircraft for 2 days.

Trust me, I'm a pilot

Last edited by Checkboard; 20th May 2002 at 04:22.