PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 08:58
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter - several points arise from that post. I trust you will not start quoting Hotspur to me and then 'fade away'?

1) I have absolutely NO intention (or need) to 'visit' the Mull to investigate your claims. Google earth is fine for me at the moment.

2) It seems that in all your 'weaving' of this story, you have even confused yourself. I am begiining to hear echoes of ?Churchill's? comments about a battle of wits. Your referred post #3935 states:

7 waypoints had been entered into the STANS route:
H N 54.47.70 W 006.36.00 spudfield
A N55.18.50 W 005.48.00
B N 56.43.00 W 005.14.00 turning point, no specific feature
C N 57.35.02 W 004.04.45 100yd swim to Ft George
D N 57.32.42 W 004.02.92 about middle of Inverness Aerodrome

You are now saying that was wrong? Anything else you want to correct?

3) I am not aware of thinking that the lighthouse was WPT A - I did in fact obfuscate the issue in "ANYTHING north of Wpt A AND the lighthouse which is where Wpt A is" - I meant north of the lighthouse (your 'original' WPT) - my mistake- I had what I THOUGHT were the WPT A coords at the time.

4) Are you now saying that the evidence presented CONFIRMS that Wpt A was in fact as you have just stated and not as you previously 'confirmed'?

5) Are you also telling me that the 'latest' coords are NOW in fact 60m south of the LDZ of which you speak?

6) "I wonder if you have done much prac nav" - good to see you have a sense of humour

7) "why would you plot in extra digits that would be meaningless in regard to the accuracy of the SuperTANS? 60 MTS IS BUGGER ALL." - over to you then to explain the remaining coords in STANS. I have never conducted low level VFR nav using a GPS based nav system, but had I had the facility I would probably have entered a 'ball park' waypoint on the Mull which (the Mull/lighthouse) I would visually acquire. It may well be that (whatever the ACTUAL WPT A coords were) the only 'fix' available to the planner was that LDZ (if it existed?)

7) "Do you want me to supply the coords of the corners of the area so you can look at it in Google Earth?" - well, no thanks, assuming we can take your LATEST coords to be it and not another 'error'.

I am confused as to how you think they were using TANS - a reported change of waypoint off the coast would suggest a change from WPT A to B, so how do you explain this 'track' of 035 towards a WPT (A) which has just been bypassed? They would surely not STILL be navigating on WPT 'H' (home?) at this stage?

I note your 'advice' to other readers that I am not "doing the background work" and trust you will apologise for furnishing the incorrect information to me in this 'background work'? Anything else you need to change?