PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 00:56
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC
It's not much of a journey for you - I've been there a few times since I moved to Oz - if you can't make the effort then what can I say?
I suggest you do your plotting better - waypoint A is not the light house.
As I said in a previous post, it is difficult at first to grasp the scale of the area in question - you have to put some time and effort in.
The coords put in the STANS as waypoint A were 55:18:30 and 05:48:00 - nice and easy to remember and close enough to do the job - only 60 metres before the "threshold" - practical navigation - when I used to move my charter boat from Chichester Harbour to Langstone Hbr at night before fitting a radar it was sometimes very foggy, I could use the Decca Lat & Long without referring to the chart every minute as I had memorised the track (obviously to rounded figures).
When you say wpt A was "imprecise", I wonder if you have done much prac nav - why would you plot in extra digits that would be meaningless in regard to the accuracy of the SuperTANS? 60 MTS IS BUGGER ALL.
Do you want me to supply the coords of the corners of the area so you can look at it in Google Earth? Just use the ruler function and go north 60m - there is a green bit of the area I have given you before.
And yes it would be good to hear from someone who has landed there.