PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 22:41
Gringobr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the bodies say

Some of this info is new.. Passengers unconscious due to decompression.
Aircraft hit the sea probably in a near horizontal attitude.
I am taking this information from a local magzine called Veja dated 17 June (but available for sale today), page 69.. It is a top quality magazine and has the best analyses etc I have seen on this accident.
Summarizing because I ( and others) have already posted some details here
1 There are no burns etc (no bomb/explosion/fire) and the bone structures are basicaly preserved.. means the plane did not fully disintegrate in the air and/or at least the part where they were sititng arrived at the ocean relatively intact
2 What the doctors here call "4 fractures" upper parts of arms and legs ( 4 parts) broken.. This happens with accidents in which aircraft hit the sea with passengers sitting in their seats
3 Rosy (coloured) teeth. this symptom means the passengers were subjected to decompression , sudden exposure to rarified air and -56 degrees, they lost consciousness quickly before dying (all bodies rescued to date)
4 Clothes and documents, many of the bodies (but not all) had their clothes relatively intact, with documents and boarding passes. This means a goo part of the part of the cabin where they were seated hit the sea relatively intact