PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 21:12
rmventuri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HCU 1663 - uncanny!

Regle,

I am finally getting a chance to read this forum from the beginning and see that you were posted to HCU 1663 in May '43. Doug was posted at the same from May 25 to July 6 '43 then on to sqdn 51. Researching 1663 I noticed that 1663 participated in supporting some operations for spoof raids and also for mine laying exercises. Do you remember if any ops while in 1663 would count towards the 30 - I'm trying to count all of Doug's ops and only count 17 from Snaith (an additional 7 were aborted). Actually any specifics of what your responsibilities and activities were while at 1663 would be interesting.

Ciffnemo
Out of ammo
So a night fighter would land/reload and go after the stream again? I noticed with the help of Icare9 that the same nightfigher pilot claimed four kills (all lancs) on the same Leipzig raid.

Tip: its a bit gnarly but if you want to search this forum to see what has been discussed in the past you can use google site search as follows;
enter the following in the google search field as you would normally followed by the search criteria (by using the keyword "site:" google will limit the search to this forum). In this example I am looking for any discussion on blenheim

site:www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/329990-gaining-r-f-pilots-brevet-ww11 blenheim

Regards,
Rodger