PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "2 RAF personnel killed in mid-air collision" today
Old 14th Jun 2009, 20:59
wz662

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A truely tragic event and one very close to home as I know a few of the AEF pilots (I await the release of the names with some dread) and I've flown in the area for the past 30 years nad so have learnt to be extra carefull on days like these.
I looked at the sky today and said "what a perfect day for gliding" and in saying that I just knew that the sky between Didcot and Oxford would be like a crowed motorway full of gliders. On the other hand the AEF Tutors would be leaving/returning to the Benson MATZ at more or less right angles to the traffic to get to the Vale of the White Horse to do their thing.
Increasing the visibility of these aircraft has got to come and if that means testing of composite structures in colours other than white so be it.
Incidentaly the huge patches of Dayglo on the composite wings of the Air Cadets Vigilants and Vikings doesn't appear to have made them any weaker, just a lot easier to see.