PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 20:52
Flying Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t know about the contracts for the ATP cadets, they may be different.
But ever since CTC went integrated they have appeared to be moving away from what they were renowned and respected for and towards the larger scale pilot farm similar to OAT where provided you can afforded the cost then you are in. A concern that was prominent with the cadets even in NZ when iCP was introduced.
As for getting rid of cadets, I do agree with Zippy Monster. However, my concern would be that they introduce a change of priority in the cadet placement pool if people have been in the pool over 12 months. Have any of the cadets had anything in writing about this perhaps in one of their HoW updates? If not, perhaps someone on the staff could clarify the situation via a company e-mail to help ease the stress of holding with a £80 grand plus debt whilst on jobseekers.
Of course, CTC may have some dignity and pride left and be fair to their cadets, considering as I gather, the cadets are not customers
But as CTC are now making them pay for renewals I personally wouldn’t trust any of them as far as I can throw them.I'm starting to think perhaps Rob Wren was right to leave as I gatrhered he left because he didn't like the direction where CTC where going (although that is a Clearways rumour).