PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 19:05
ssschmokin1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daydreamer said:

BALPA has asked their BA pilots to reduce their pay by up to £200 per week to avoid redundancies. (Who's T&C's are being eroded now)

Note the above. Balpa has ASKED their pilots to consider this. It will be voted on in a democratic manner. As an aside, I'm a ryan F/O and I would gladly take a BA F/Os remuneration minus 200 quid per week. that would mean I would get about 15,000 a year more than I'm on now.

I have been in the company several years and gone up several grades, but my money has not increased on penny since I was first on the line. Who's T&Cs are being eroded now? Mine, because we haven't got a union to protect them.

In the future I may try for a command. However, the grapevine tells me that Ryanair mangement, without any sort of vote or even mention to THEIR beloved ERCs, has absolutely slaughtered new captain salaries to a figure below what is was in the late 90s. Whose T&Cs are being eroded now? Mine and many other new captains, because we don't have a union.

Are you getting the picture? What is the point of getting a promotion if every year you get poorer? Ryanair pilot pay doesn't get anywhere near matching inflation, or keep up with our natural benchmark company Easy. Whose T&Cs are being eroded now? All of ours, despite the company banking hundreds and hundreds of millions of profit WE EARNED FOR THEM.

Because we haven't got a union. Ryanair pilots have a chance to sort this. Please take the chance, sign the petition, and stand with your colleagues.