PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Attack On A Police Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 17:30
HeliCraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SiloeSid
I have also said - "Go on HC, simply say what protection should have been in force!" and despite directly being asked your opinion, you still haven't told us what else you think should have been in force
Are you reading the same thread?
Originally Posted by HeliCraig
In the same way you plan for any other unexpected incidence. You take worst case and plan around it. However, I have worked in a clothes warehouse with, by the looks of it, a better fence. An alarm would go if it was cut, touched or inteferred with. That was for a warehouse full of jeans... and I saw it at work one night, and Warwickshire police felt a few collars as a result. Surely BHX should have similar?
I have also said previously that I have worked in a warehouse which provided an instant alert if the fence was so much as touched. Looking at the size of the hole cut in the fence at BHX, I think its a fair bet that this would have provided either airport security or WMP sufficient time to go and investigate the fence panel reporting a tamper, or at least get them in the area and perhaps limit the damage by reducing time taken to get the AFRS on scene. I would add that this warehouse belonged to a large American company, and the contents... jeans. So I think it is a reasonable expectation that the 6th biggest airport in the UK had something more advanced than a simple wire mesh fence
So, perhaps you just don't want to hear it?? Is it a tad embarrassing that a clothes retailer looks after its jeans better than BHX protects a major international airport, and one of the countries biggest police forces didn't notice?

A classic back pedal when caught out !
Yes... all the way back to Post 75, when I clarified it...
To be clear, by "they" I mean the police force as a whole and certainly not any individuals, as I have stated previously.
we all thought it more secure than it actually was/is.
Is this the admission I sought? How can you have been in any doubt about how lapse it has been in the past though, given the very high profile exposes?

Will you tell me who is responsible for security at BHX!
Obviously, on a day to day basis... BHX. Can you tell me who is responsible for crime prevention / detection / public security at BHX?

Oh, and going back to this...
So we can take it then that all your posts here have been written with venom.
Can we assume that all your posts are written with the rose tinted, WMP can do no wrong, specs provided with every pay packet?? You're only really proving my point that it WMP believe they can do no wrong, and refuse to admit when mistakes have been made!