PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 16:10
Barden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rednex:

Barden, If your a LTC, TRI or TRE You will easily make over £100,000 a year. Out TREs are on around £125,000. Ya most senior off....Virgin pay, don't make me laugh.
You've misunderstood my point, which was BALPA subs are only paid on basic pay, not emoluments or flight pay etc, so for many FR pilots their BALPA subs are a fraction of the £1000 pa oft quoted by LHN & friends. Are you telling me any line or training pilot's basic salary (the amount they get paid if for example they are unable to work for a month if they are sick or have max'ed out on hours ) is anywhere near £100k pro rata?

As a point of information, in my airline many line pilots comfortably exceed £125,000 pa with flight pay and allowances factored in and those who chose to work hard and have picked up training qualifications earn nearer £200k. Both enjoy substantial pension provision and don't have to lose too much sleep about how they'd manage if they were unable to fly due to health issues. We are most definately a BALPA airline.

Myself, I chose to fly my roster and nothing more. I do this because I want to and because I can.

Anyway, enough of the willy waving. Good luck to all in FR who no longer want to be treated as the hired helps.

Barden

Last edited by Barden; 14th Jun 2009 at 16:23.