PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 15:35
Fightback Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot999
Are you really a regular line pilot or one of the management/associates on here to try and steer the argument away from BALPA.?

Anyone who used this to defend Ryanairs disatrous fuel hedging strategy which even MOL admitted was disatrous.

Dont forget that he has hedged at higher price than most but only for a short period, while others have heded at a lower price than us but for a much longer perid, where as we will be unhedged at the lower price, sounds good to me. I'll still be at ryanair long after we've acquired Air lingus. and seen the biigies go bust!!!!!!!!
Anyone who wrote this in one of his posts about Michael O'Learys behaviour

A brilliant guy, I'm glad he's my boss and not yours.
or this

The man's a genius. thank god we've got him.
demands a very large pinch of salt. Hardly suprising the same person is trying to steer the argument away from BALPA.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now that you are not one of the management or their associated "union busters" that come on here to try and decieve and pretend its something different to what it is. Maybe just one of the monority of line pilots who are happy to align themselves with the dictatorial madness of the whitehouse as long as they do OK out of it.

They usually come on in bunches. "perhaps we should follow the IAA way and go through the courts" i.e try and turn people away from formal recognition.

"We have ascertained that BALPA is not the answer, so what is the answer" Try and disuade the undecided minority. Steer them away from genuine collective arrangements at any cost. The majority, either way have already decided.

I know for fact that most of the guys I fly with support the campaign to end the erosions and bring about a fair, open and honest culture.

I also know that contrary to your alleged few friends de-registering, the petition numbers are increasing weekly.

I am not telling you what your ideology should be, but non are not so stupid as to realise that people with vested interests populate these forums, with the only objective - to steer people away from the rights and formal recognition.

If you don't like BALPA don't vote, If you want change then vote.

Time will tell Pilot999 - but we are not writing threatening memos, nor do we feel threatened.

Leo HC - What was it you called me before a couple of months back "flactulance Fred".

As an LTC, even though the FR training standard is good, I do not agree with you that only the best get cadets get into Ryanair.

True only those that make the grade will survive, but the initial pre-requisite is "do you have a licence", "can you get the cash for rating", "can you pass the sim check". If the answer is Yes Yes and Yes you are in, especially with credit markets dry. I know as I was there at the turn of the century.

Last edited by Fightback Fred; 14th Jun 2009 at 16:01.