PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 14:03
Barden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I note Leo Hairy Nazi's sense of irony relating to BALPA pension provision, noting the irony that he chooses to criticise the organisation for having a dispute with it's employees through their union.

The point is BALPA employees have a mechanism through which they can make their feelings to their employer plain, up to and including strike action, something that Ryanair pilots don't currently enjoy...

...a situation individuals such as Leo Hairy Nazi are fighting tooth and nail to continue. Go figure.

Barden

PS I note also that LHN and acolytes continue to suggest BALPA membership costs £1000/year. Ignoring tax relief available for a minute, I suspect it does for a lucky few - their BASIC salaries, the amount they are paid before sector pay, hourly allowances and overtime, must be over £100,000 per annum - in the UK at least, the only pilots who are in this fortunate situation are the lucky few of the most senior pilots for airlines that have long recoginsed BALPA, namely BA, Virgin and some of the better charter operators, certainly not anyone in FR!

Last edited by Barden; 14th Jun 2009 at 14:15.