PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 13:17
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISIS is not just a laser ring gyro. It also has pitot/static inputs from the systems being logged as faultly. Maybe thats why it logged a fault message
You are fast Safety Concerns. I'm going to have to stop editing on line! I was trying to rebut the "DG" misunderstanding by the professor, before I realized the ISIS is probably the entire suite of standby equipments. If we lost both Cpt's and F/O's pitot to ice, AND the standby pitot as well we might expect a 342200 FR (fault report).

For the 6,000,000,000,000 million billion time, there could be a weeks delay in sending the acars messages they will still show aircraft system time taken from the aircraft reference clock as indicated at the time of the event. I don't know how to make that any clearer.
Yes, you are right!!!!!! But when this all comes out, I trust you will be willing to accept that the average transmission time all the way to the user in france is only a few seconds. That's the average according to SITA data that I have already posted here. It's not going to take "weeks" for the data to get there. Right

Good work everybody. You guys have resolved a lot in my opinion. I just tried to summarize what ppruners have deduced collectively.

CC