PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 11:19
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised this is a issue as the rudder is obviously not used in the cruise.
The rudder is in constant use in the cruise (at least while the auto-flight system is engaged and operating correctly).

1. How far from the wreckage field was it?
Already answered.

2. Did it detach in the same place and in the same manner as the American Airlines fin failure. Has anyone got pictures of both fins to compare?
Unknown at this time although there is yet to be any evidence given by the investigators to say when or how the fin detached. The photos of both have been posted numerous times and prove absolutely nothing.

3. Can it be determined whether the fin detached before impact with the water?
Yes it can. By qualified investigators, their engineering teams and by advanced computer simulations. Not by armchair experts and conspiracy theorists.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any amplification of early report of body(s) with ox mask (pax or full face?), and recent report "masks found"?
Not that I have seen, read and heard so far. I think the only official description is that the bodies were unclothed. Masks have been found and photographs have been released of these but no indication or statements so far to say they were found on the bodies.

Last edited by Mercenary Pilot; 14th Jun 2009 at 12:10. Reason: Added Photo