PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 09:10
Nightrider

We have a lot of theories, a lot of speculations, some evidence. I am not going to speculate in any direction at all.
What is a little puzzling, at least in my view, there appears to be an "accumulation" of incidents with unreliable airspeed, instrument loss etc.

Did someone establish already the timeframe when these occurrences started to happen in more closer, time-related, manner?

Once this date is known (a rough approximate will do) the next question will be, what was changed in the AB system, and here I mean the electronic bits and pieces, the computers, the software, wiring etc; I also ask for the air system, the pitots, the static ports, the tubes, trapped water releases, all this sort of things.

Our flying offices are constantly "upgraded" to enhance safety; sometimes this implies even removing of items as they are not seen necessary anymore.

The reason I am asking all this, and some colleagues may have experienced the same over years, there are airplanes around which during design state had a certain recommended configuration for individual flight phases; after several "incidents" the once recommended procedure / setting / part was altered / prohibited or even removed.