PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Can I Do Without A-levels?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2009, 08:40
CY333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingston offers also an aircraft engineering course together with the EASA part 66 B1 and they also offer the course at Bristol and the only difference is that that Bristol offers the B2 course also if you chose Bristol , you dont have to move to Norwich for the whole summer to do the practical as Bristol has a different approach to it.
I know because I did it like this and it was a pain to move every 4 months, not to mention the money.
Also Bristol appreciates the fact that the majority want the B1 or B2 and not the foundation degree in comparison to Kingston that will do everything in their power to make you believe that the CAA has a rule that says if you dont get the degree you dont get a lisence.

As for A levels, you dont require them but if the university decides that you have a low standart, they will put you on year zero which if you do in Kingston you will do together with students from other courses while in Bristol you will get you Cat A which is an advantage for what is coming in B1 the next year.