PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enforcement of QF Long Haul (Pilot) award for up coming redundancies
Old 14th Jun 2009, 03:17
mohikan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally Wrong.

LJ has missed the essential point here.

Whilst I don't care one way or another about a 'GOAL', the reality is if QF magically decided to implement such a measure it would NOT result in terms and conditions changing BUT would allow a more efficient distribution of labour ,via an agreed system, throughout the QF group. This includes QF link I might add.

When JQI was set up, courtesy (again) of Oldmeadow, The QF mainline group was not approached to see if any of the pilots made surplus wanted to transfer to JQI on the terms and conditions as they were offered. In fact the previous CEO lied blind to Robin and Co about what was really going on. The then AIPA executive fell for said lies hook line and sinker.

The only reason we are looking at redundancies is because of the transfer of flying to other entities, and this includes the gifting of aircraft. In fact, the inability to transfer labour across the group, on terms and conditions of the companies choosing, is why the cascading seniority provisions of the LH award are about to come into play.

I have nothing against the Jetconnect or Jetstar pilots BTW, nor am I suggesting that anyone from those entities be displaced or disadvantaged in any way from this point on. Whats done is done.

QF engineered this situation, and now QF is going to have to pay to get rid of the excess mainline pilot "pollution".

The sad irony is that the cost of this enforcement to QF is going to far outweigh any savings made of crew hourly rates. This is even more the case that JQ and Jetconnect duplicate crewing and flight ops management functions to perform flying previously done by mainline.