PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 22:38
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 3

Hello everyone, what can i say about today other than it's 36 degrees celcius here and im feeling it..

Well today was again another 0745 start having planned my navigation flight last night. I aarived and staright away checked the weather, did my mass and balance sheet checked out the aircraft went out to the aircraft did my preflight checks obtained ATIS and went back to the school it was now 0850 and my instructor had arrived. I shown my instructor my planning and was breifed on the flight. Went out to the a/c took of on runway 27 and fixed on my first leg. My instuctor flew the first leg, i navigated the second leg and my instructor flew the 2nd leg and on the 3rd leg i flew and navigated. Arrived at my final point 1 minute out so was happy. Onced landed and shut down had a debrief which went well.

It was now 1200 so ran out to the airport resturant to grab a bite to eat.
Quickly arrived back to do my mass and balance sheet and pre flight checks. Went back in to the school where i was briefed on my next flight which would be touch and go's. It included short field take off and landings, glide approach and landing and flapless landing. I remember doing these at ppl but had not been practised them since so today was a blast from the past. There were a few thing i needed to brush up on and was assured by my instructor that we will try different types of landings on other lessons.

I arrived backed and was briefed on the flight along with a briefing about tommorrow morning flight which is Intruments.

So far i am enjoying the whole thing allot to take in. Which i had expected but for any students out there thinking about doing there CPL please please please do not waste your hour building time like i did, read up on the CPL requirments and try and meet them, it will make your life so much easier.

As far as EFT is concerned everything is going well, being treated very well and like a human being instead of a number. The housing is great not a 5 star hotel but still nice. They have given me use of the car which is great.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!!

more homework to do!!!