PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transgendered cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 20:14
captcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a transgender lady at my airline. I have always known her as a woman, and had I not known that she was born in the body of a man, I would never have guessed. There is nothing masculine about her, neither in the physical (any more) nor in the psychological (never has been) department. Achieving the physical part was no joke, more of the opposite actually. Being born in the wrong body, the wrong gender must be something close of a nightmare to begin with. I cannot see a reason why someone should go through the pain, the trouble ad the hassle of changing gender if their situation weren't unbearable. And even after the operations and the tons of pills she had to (an still does) swallow, there is always someone who, out of morbid curiosity, ignorance, bigotry or preconception, has to remind her that she had the misfortune of being born in the wrong body. Really, I cannot understand why some people feel entitled to judge the sexuality of others, if those are adults who have every right to decide for themselves.
If some people feel uncomfortable being around transgender persons, it is their problem. Or maybe we should hide from view all the people who make us uncomfortable? Is it not more rational that it is the people who are affected with psychological rigidity and ignorance who seek professional help to stop feeling uncomfortable around homosexuals or transgender persons? Feeling uncomfortable about what adult persons do with their life, without hurting anyone, only because they follow their nature? To be honest, I'm sure I would feel much, much more uncomfortable in the presence of narrow minded people and think about them that they ''should be grounded until they are stable again'' and that ''the company that employs the above narrow minded individual is doing itself no favors with its customers ''