PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all the wives swimming in the EK holding pool.
Old 13th Jun 2009, 19:48
4HolerPoler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's another one -

A South African woman has been jailed in the United Arab Emirates for sleeping with her married boss — even though medical records show no evidence of sex having taken place. The seven-page hospital report on 22-year-old Roxanne Hillier and her 41-year-old Emirati employer will be central to her case when she appeals against her three-month prison sentence in a week’s time. Hillier has worked at a dive centre in the Emirate of Sharjah, the third-largest of the UAE’s seven emirates, for the past seven months. On June 1 she was convicted of the Emirati crimes of sex out of wedlock and being alone in a room with a man. Strict decency laws stipulate that a man and a woman who are not married to one another should not be alone in public places, or in suspicious circumstances.

Hillier’s nightmare began on May 16 when police raided her dive centre in Khor Fakkan, on the Gulf of Oman, after she and her boss had returned from hosting a night dive. Hillier’s distraught father, Freddie, who lives in Albania, said this week that his daughter was innocent. “He was busy preparing gear for the next day, while Roxanne was in the bedroom upstairs,” he said. His daughter had stayed overnight at the centre as her flat was being renovated. “Her boss was busy working when police raided the place. He unlocked the door and there was a lot of noise and shouting. “Roxanne heard this and was very scared and huddled in the corner of her room,” he said. Freddie Hillier claimed that police then kicked open her locked bedroom door, pulled her out of the corner and took her to the hospital for examination — all without reason. “She told me she was so scared and confused. .. she was later accused of having had sex,” he said. “But the medical tests came back negative for her and her boss, so I feel that justice has not been done.” The medical reports from Fariqani hospital, copies of which are in the possession of the Sunday Times, state that no traces of semen were found on either of the pair. However, South African political counsel in the UAE, Ishwar Mahadeo, said on Friday that authorities told him tests had shown the two had had sex. “He pleaded guilty in court and she pleaded not guilty. I don’t know what’s going on here, ” said Mahadeo. He said the woman’s friends had called the police because they had been concerned about her whereabouts that night. Hillier said when he received the news of her arrest two weeks ago, it “broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes”. “I was shaking. This is the kind of stuff you read in the newspapers and never expect it to happen so close to home. “I was completely devastated and could not stop crying. This was the start of weeks of hell.” Hillier flew to Sharjah soon after the arrests. He has since returned to Albania, but his wife is now in Khor Fakkan to support their daughter.