PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying school in Florida?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 20:06
knobbygb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So will the weather in Florida be OK by October then? I plan to go over there to 'finish off' if I don't manage to get the whole thing done over here before the weather turns too crappy.

For what it's worth, (never been before) I've already decided that NAC is the place for me when I do go. They're not the cheapest (actually only about £7 per hour less than I'm paying here) but I'm more interested in quality and continuity of training ('cos of the weather) than saving money.

All the details on their website advertise prices for full courses - are they quite happy to tailor somthing to finish people off? Don't want to waste their time enquiring direct too much yet as October is a long way off. Anyone who's been (and there seem quite a few) know? I was thinking of 10 or 15 hours over 2 weeks - this sound reasonable? Whould leave enough beach-time so that I actally feel I've had a holiday as well

The benefit of this is that I wouldn't have to do too much familiarisation over here when I get back.

Would I still need a visa for 15 hours in 2 weeks? (Is Richard reading this? - he seems to have the rules sussed.)

Thanks for all your help and hope you enjoy your training as much as I know I will.