PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying school in Florida?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 18:29
rossco18_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that procedures are different out there as they are to here and I understand that I will need some flying here to get used to the airspace here.
I am going out there for a month probably, as this apparently is the time I need. When you say do as many practical and written exams before you leave. Do you mean I can sit these exams before actually going to the USA? If I can then yes this would be an added benefit to me, as it would save a lot of time for when I am actually out there. I already have a CAA Class 1 medical because i do want to go professional. I got this last October, so it is not a worry. One question I do have though - is there a difference between a JAA Class 1 and a CAA Class1. If not then is the Class 1 an ok Medical to have before i go out there? Should I get the FAA medical before I go, or can I get it out there? I understand that I need a visa. I know that already. I think someone once mentioned an M1 Visa, although I will look into that in more detail before I go.

Thanks for the info though.

Ross