PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood from a stone = minimal fuel
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 09:12
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's be some QF people reading this old enough to remember Bill Robbi*
Folks,
What a character, who could forget him, R/O. NAV, finally a pilot, talk about making staying one step ahead of technological redundancy a career.

And on a similar line, and a similar character, involving a B707-338 arriving in London with so much fuel in tanks, with Amsterdam (25 min. flight time in those days) the next stop, de-fueling was needed to stay under MLW.

The answer to a similar question from the Fleet Captain: "Because I couldn't get any more in the tanks in Athens".

Or the parking nazi complaining to the Fleet Super about another of that era's characters (I actually witnessed this myself): "Sir, Captain XXXXX is illegally parked and when I told him to move, he told me to -- Get Stuffed**. What are you going to do about it??"

The Fleet Super's reply:" Nothing".

Said parking nazi: " Why aren't you going to do anything about it."

Said the rather more perceptive Fleet Super: " Because if I do, Captain XXXXX will only tell me to --- Get Stuffed**".

And that was the answer to anybody who had the temerity to question a Captain's fuel decisions.

Aaaaah!! For the Good Old Days!!

Tootle pip!!

** Actual words censored to protect the shy,sensitive,impressionable and easily shocked.