PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 08:56
roar00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my medical and am now just waiting to have the CAA next monday as i had some medical concerns which i was assured should all be fine but need double checking.

So i'm very soon i'll be making that choice between area and aero....i'm quite stuck on this one. Really not sure what to do. Part of me wants to choose aero, simply because that way i'm basically letting NATS make the choice as i know theres not much chance of getting aero anyway, whereas if i choose area then i'll def be an aera control and most prob in swanwick (as reminded by the ATCO having a chat with us at my stage 2, he reminded us if we choose area and say we want to work in swanwick it'd better not to a joke).

I like area, i only did a visit to swanwick and really liked thr terminal control side (although thats just because i spent longer in there). But then again i'm sure i'd love working in the visual control room, actually seeing the planes. The other main appeal of aero for me personally is that there is a chance (if im ood enough) i'd be working in a london airport, and i live in london and have family here so would be good in the long run....but then again theres only a chance of working in london, i may not be there.

Anyone else whose at this stage or recently made the decision got any advice on how they choose?