PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 06:15
intelligentpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard through the rumor mill that the newly appointed HKE DFO has resigned for greener pastures.
Sounds like a wind up but based on the company’s history of not being able to retain good staff, I would not be surprised. I guess you will all find out on Monday....

I wonder who will take his place??
No one with knowledge of how this company runs AND with the right sort of experience will work under the Hainan management team for the low remuneration paid.

Are the snakes on their way back ?
God help us all and the airline if that happens. If Hainan wants their airline to grow I urge them NEVER to hire those guys again, even better sack the ones remaining.

or will they find someone from outside the company?

A smart Hainan management team would rescue this airline but paying top dollar and hiring an EXPERIENCED and PROVEN management team from overseas and turn this airline around (read… a management team from any place other than Asia)

I don't think it will be an easy job to fill , after all they will be responsible for an ever decreasing pilot group as jobs become available and the wages offered and the experience levels reduce and training costs increase.
Swine Wu (HKA) IS to be held personally responsible for this for not having the foresight and common sense to realize that sacking highly trained pilots including TRI/TRE's and pilots with vast experience on planned future types (A330, 747-400) is not commercially viable. Not only that, but by turning every pilot against the company, lowering morale to all time lows, AND basically forcing every pilot to have applications in elsewhere. If and when there is an upturn, those applications turn into interviews which in turn become job offers, which very quickly means HKE is understaffed and cancels flights. This loss of income for the company is SOLELY SWINE WU’S FAULT!

Is the Hanain management aware Simon Wu is flushing HUGE money down the drain by "encouraging” pilots to leave, lowering the package to world wide lows for 737 and sacking pilots? It costs AT LEAST 150,000 USD (closer to 200,000) to train and check a captain to line (6 months plus all associated costs) and S.Wu has no concept of this when he simply sacks Millions of dollars of worth of highly trained pilots for no reason.

S.Wu’s lack of professionalism and aggressive behavior might very well be the beginning of .......the Demise of Hong Kong Airlines/Express.

Can some of the local brothers translate the best of this thread and in fact any negative media coverage into Chinese and send it to the president anonymously? Just go to your local pacific coffee or internet cafe sign up for a gmail account and send. (P.m me for his email) I think he (the president) is fed so much crap by Wu, and Lim he has no idea what is happening.

Last edited by intelligentpilot; 3rd Sep 2009 at 13:47.