PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More flying on fumes at EK
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 06:03
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blame the Pilots again

What might happen is that the fuel planning minimum will go down on the flight plans from what it is now. Because you are a responsible pilot you will "take ownership of this situation" as you've heard it many times in the commanders meeting and add what seem necessary REALISTIC fuel on the day. Then when you land anywhere they will calculate their little statistics and say (actual landing fuel minus new minimum fuel = new value) and then be able to prove that the pilots are carrying too much fuel AGAIN. Then our extraordinary self evaluated good 500 VPs will justify why they are SO required to manage those bad pilots. Then some pilots who will just do what they are told ( YES SIR, NO SIR ), the ones that lick the floors just to go fly the shinny big airplanes will be flying around on fumes thinking " I'm so good". But the most important thing is that the instigators of this new system to plan for less fuel will be able to say " hey i save X amount of virtual money per virtual flight X 100 zigatrillions virtual flights a year = x amount of virtual money. Please pay my actual VP productivity bonus. This rule is used in other airlines as a last resort on certain days to carry out long flights to the limits of the aircraft on that day. Let's see how they apply it here. In my previous airline it was called a re-cleared flight and the company was "taking ownership" of some responsibility by giving us a re-clearance via the dispatch. But we have no dispatch at EK. Why should they become a dispatched airline like all the major airlines they compare themselves with. Why should they "take ownership" of a situation and be responsible for the flight planning when they can just produce the biggest flight planning package in the industry with 227 FCIs, 50 FCN's, 54 weekly updates, 60 FTIs, and just blame the pilots when it goes wrong. Unfortunately the captain of the aircraft is responsible to take the fuel. You just have to learn the fact that you will never be good around here. But you need to be responsible and take the fuel you think you need. The difference between virtuality and reality is that you can't fly an airplane from the office except on Microsoft whatever. You can only think that you can... ( this is funny! i love pprune! )

Keep Discovering