PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2009, 01:22
Fightback Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of people saying BALPA isn't the answer, so what is the answer?
Actually I think you will find a lot of people are saying recognition is the only option.

You can harp on that its ok for you, and if so, good for you. But for many it isn't. In fact it is anything but OK.

Ryanair management have not honoured many contracts or allowed for anything slightly approaching genuine negotiations. They do as they will, dish out what the feel like, regardless of the human cost and expect you to roll over silently everytime.

And thats just the contracts, beyond that there is intimidatory behaviours as the latest bullying memo shows and people are just sick and tired of it.

I don't think this is about BALPA trying to force recognition on the airline against the pilots will. I reckon its that enough pilots have had enough of the constant and ever continuing shafting at every opportunity.

The majority will decide, and if pilots do vote in favour, then MOL, DOB and EW only have themsleves to blame.

BALPA may not be perfect but it by far the lesser of 2 evils.

If the union gets in management threaten to make roster 5/3 with 5/2 six times a year and remove allowance.

Is anyone dumb enough not to realise that is not the next thing they will do regardless of recognition. Look at new Italian bases, 5/3 contracts.

People moving bases getting offered less money, the deterioration merry-go-round will never stop.... NEVER

With recognition you have a chance, without one the future is inevitable. And what they threaten to do to you with a union they will do without one anyway.