PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 22:31
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My reply

I am quite sure I read it somewhere on an official source, I could be wrong of course but I think it is irrelevant because the fact that significant weather was in the proximity of this A/C I still see it as a clear FACT.
I think it is also a proven FACT that pitots had not been changed by AF on this specific machine.
Anything else is rumours and speculation of course but the two FACTS above "could" have been the initial trigger of a full loss of control with all consequences associated to this.
If the pitot issue will be confirmed as main trigger nobody can blame the two or 3 professional pilots in the cockpit.
I say this because I am also sure they knew very well about this pitot problem and they were all well trained on how to react to loss of airspeed data at altitude and in turbulence, but again real weather could have made it impossible. Sims, unfortunately, cannot fully replicate reality.
Reminder: it is not always easy to avoid those massive CB, sometimes you have no choice and go back, sometimes something strong, thick and black just comes out of nowhere, plus nobody knows if their wx radar was working and telling the truth.
Only this.