PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 22:29
regle

Bleriot

No, Icare9, I actually helped the Dover Council when the Bleriot Family came over some years ago as I knew someone on the Council ,who knew that I spoke French and was an ex-pilot. Someone mentioned this to the Chap heading the PR Company who are organising the whole shebang and he rang me and asked me to help out with weekend events (July25th./26th.) and then asked me to do the interview with ITV. As I said, I haven't seen the result but was told that it was successful. They must have filmed about five minutes and will probably screen about two of them ; I must say that they were a charming bunch of people, very considerate and very professional as you would expect....We shall see ! The weekend should be very good including the Red Arrows, Flying replicas of the Bleriot X1 Monoplanes, (note the comma after Red Arrows ) Firework displays, French stalls along the Sea Front and lots of other things. I just hope that the weather is kind. Cliff, how about designing a pprune badge so that people could recognise a fellow ppruner ? Something to do with the highly derogatory order of the irremoveable digit might be an idea ! Over , Reg