PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 21:55
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My strong assumption

Yes mine was certainly a very strong assumption based on established facts regarding the weather, documented also on this forum. The pilot of AF 447 also radio-communicated the turbulence shortly before the series of faults kicked in.
All Weather radars were showing serious weather indeed, I am not talking about the radar on board this specific a/c, nobody knows if that was fully working in fact, but I am referring to the numerous public weather radars fully available on the web for that area at that time. Plenty of screenshots available online. Definitely serious weather but absolutely average and forecasted for the area and they were flying through it or very close to it, this alone would have never brought the plane down. We all know this.
I have never said that the weather caused this accident, what I have "rumoured" in my previous post instead is that established bad weather (fact) associated to the "apparently confirmed" pitot problem (nearly a fact) is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion, due to coffin corner and total lack of air speed data.
I do not think anybody can deny this.
Can anybody fly through coffin corner without airspeed data and survive?
As I said I also believe that ground speed data lost signal from satellite due to weather which normally is not an issue at all.
Again, a combination of factors but AF did not change pitot on this A/C as per AirBus notice. Coincidence or possible cause?