PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 21:54
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day 2

Thank you so much for your comments, I was given a two week guide line by EFT. I am currently doing a CPL SE.

I woke up this morning 6 am to read through my notes before arriving to the school at 7:45. Walked in straight away got my weather, mass and balance sheet and signed out my a/c. Went out to the a/c did my pre-flight check and returned back to the office for my brief. My first flight was a carry on from yesterdays pre CPL flight i had to demonstrate that i could fly looking out of the window instead of being fixated on my instruments. I must say i find it allot easier now. Having demonstrated these skills my instructor signed me off for the CPL course which would would start at 13:00 we returned back from my morning flight and was briefed on navigation and flight planning. My first lesson included climbing and desending. ( i know everyone is thinking what the hell!!! doing that at CPL level however its the first lesson of the course.

During my down time there is so much to do, practise navigation, reading procedures etc...

One thing i love about EFT is that they wont tell you the answer they want you to go and find it. Which i think is a great technique.

My instructor seems very helpful along with other staff.

At CPL level you treat your instructor as a passenger, they want you to make the final call, suppose thats what its all about..

Got to get some food and do homework so ill be back tommorrow...