PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 20:56
vkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nonsense may not have been the right word but i was at work so...

Without dwelling too much on the Shannon Belfast thing(its been done to death), I do agree that Belfast offered a larger potential market to EI than Shannon. No brainer BUT the way the whole episode was handled from start to finish was very poor. They could have done it a lot more intelligently and probably made more money if they were a bit smarter, and avoided the whole debacle that followed. Realistically the slots could have been kept in Shannon and Belfast also served. If it can be done now you wonder why it wasn't then.

To me from a general business point of view it was indicative of poor management at the time, badly planned, badly co-ordinated and badly executed.

I agree they do need a plan and fast, and they need to be a lot smarter and innovative and thats something they havent done very well to date in my own opinion. I also think they really need to decide what they want to be...Lo Cost, Long Haul, Lo Cost long haul..they seem aimless really for the last while. Jack of all trades master of none is a phrase that springs to mind