PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 12th Jun 2009, 19:31
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for "Proof" not rumour that RYR are laying off pilots (Cadets) after they reach their 500 hour payrise.
It would be a major factor in the decision making process for low hours pilots either Integrated or Modular.

Currently my research supports the fact that, Pilots are not being laid off or having their yearly hours significantly reduced upon reaching the 500 hour point.
The only pilots that I have heard of who are at risk, are those who after 6 months, have not reached the required standard at their OPC, even these have been given more training at RYR expense, and I am glad to say are in a minority.
Some have failed to reach the standard on their type rating course and left the course, others have been asked to undertake more training at their own expense.

Those of you who think that if you can pay, you get a job are sadly deluded as there is a standard set in RYR as in all other airlines, below which you simply fail the course paying or not.
RYR standards are some of the highest in the industry LoCo or Legacy.

Further research has shown that most air carriers in Europe would happily have SSTR's as they are more cost effective and offer less risk to the company.
So I consider that they are here to stay in one form or another, call it what you like Cadet programs or SSTR's.

My T&C's over the years have been reduced (erroded) long before LoCo's appeared in Europe, mostly due to the CAA changes in F.T.L's post Bader report.
Even today they are being attacked by the bean counters in management, and nothing has been done through union representation.
I.E. Lets this change go through or we must make redundancies !!!!

Those of you who can factually answer my questions please reply, others who might know someone etc, please keep it zipped as without fact I am not interested.