PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: Qatar/Oman refuse new funds & New CEO
Old 19th May 2002, 16:06
Icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brings tears to your eyes!

What about the appointment of an Assistant Airport manager in CAI just because the guy brown-noses him every time he flies in. GF have never has assistant airport managers not needed them. Circumvents all Personnel policies and needs of the user department, causes upset with other staff in CAI. Nice one!
This weeks after being told of 'transparency, honesty etc etc'.

Brings in his mates for comfort. And then they bring in theirs for the same reason. Favour after favour, disappointment after disappointment.

They talk the world and deliver nothing in 15 months, biggest disappointment in years GF!

What is more disappointing is that they are still here!

What GF needs is a hard nose b**tard at the top now, one who can make the tough decisions required now, today.
Someone who can tell his best mate "Sorry John, you've let me down it's time for you to go" instead of running away from it and let the crisis worsen. Someone who can recognise who is working and who is not; someone who can see who is competent and who is full of hot air.

It's time to crack the whip, or turn out the lights, nothing in between; but when you crack it Mr Hogan, make sure you direct it at the right people.

Too many looking after their own butt and blaming those below when they were never even given a chance to manage effectively in the first place!

VP's allowing incompetents to be promoted against the will of the department just because they are family or close to it.
Managers being dictated to in manners that limit their ability to manage. They know it wont work and so do you, obviously you dont care enough and of course, they can't answer you back.

How many times do we hear "Challenge me, Challenge me!" but when we do you all run away and hide, ignore us, forget us, watch over our failures and take no responsibility for it. Is that what being a VP is all about? Well I hope I never get to be a VP, I couldn't sleep at night!

Get to the core and quick.

Mr Al Hamer was a nice guy, still is and probably will be for the rest of his life, under other circumstances, yes, perhaps he would be the right man for the job.
But circumstances dictacted something far from what Mr Al Hamer could offer.

What GF needs is another Lord King!

It's going to be 'another long night'!

It needs to be 'another long night'!