PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swanwick, Refunds. EZY: "Yes", BA: "No" !!??
Old 19th May 2002, 16:01
paulo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patagonia - To clarify (my Vienna flight was cancelled) - EZY site says they will refund for cancelled flights. BA position was that rebook was the only option.

With regards revenue loss, I was discussing this later in the day with one of the guys in the Newcastle call centre. By this time, I had got agreement on a refund. I asked if - rather than cancel and BA lose the revenue - would they consider letting me have one of the empty Club Europe seats on the Prague flight, if any remained unsold. Win win, surely?

Basically he said no, and that yes, BA would fly empty business seats of out of LHR on Friday rather than allow 'ineligible' economy passengers of cancelled flights to use them.

I must say that all the staff I spoke to were unfailingly polite and understanding on what must have been a very stressful day for most people in the industry. And yet, without fail, they could not use the one thing that BA had available - empty seats. (Because they were leather!)

I don't want to see BA sink. I have a few friends working there long term, with their final salary pensions to look forward to etc. But after this, BA will be my absolute last choice.