PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - twin-prop circling over london
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 18:21
Geezers of Nazareth

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
TheSnapper:
I'm new to the forum and also a non pilot. Over the last two years a twin prop grey aircraft has been flying very orgnised patters over my home area..Having looked through my powerful binos and checked on net im pretty sure that its an islander. Stupid question but why would a plane fly for 5 hours at a time going over the same area in very tight flight paths..My freinds did not believe me but they have all seen it. Ive also seen it in with another plane..it flies at around 5000 feet sometimes days at a time...im guessing mapping or surveying...oh and it also flies at night!! .
As you say, you're new here.

The 'Mods' have a friend with a grey Islander, and they often get him to fly around the area where new members live, checking to see that thay're who they say there are, make sure they're not watering their garden or washing their car during a drought, or forgetting to switch-off the landing light.
Have you noticed any 'strange cars' parked outside or nearby - they're involved as well.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Remember, the truth is out there.