PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expat Pilots to be Taxed?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 16:15
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Profit
Always entertaining listening to people who believe that Tax Law will remain stable and uniform over long time frames.
I never said it did. I do have a fair idea how the tax laws in Australia have changed over the years having been an accountant. Quite frankly it amuses me those that get on here and dribble on about conspiracy theories like this. Almost all prove to be unfounded.
Simple question: if it is ok for the US to tax it's citizens world wide, why would it not be an obvious step for other governments?
For the record the US doesn’t tax all non residents. For those that do fall into the narrow band that do, they are in the minority.

The fact is 95% of governments don’t and won’t because they can’t. The main reason the US can get away with it is because of their economic clout in enforcing it in foreign jurisdictions and knowing that most Americans are very reluctant to ever give up their citizenship.
It will not be long before there is an announced change in Aus pertaining to the taxation of worldwide assets.
This is pure speculation on your part that can’t be backed up with any factual evidence.