PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1,750 jobs to go at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 09:17
mister hilter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumpole, as BrissySparkyColt says, EoIs nearly always over subscribed. Also (initially) it is voluntary. Rumours were rife up here (CNS) that if they did not receive enough then it was going to come down to a scenario where everyone was re-interviewed for their job. As you can probably imagine that went down like the proverbial lead balloon. Anyhow, QF got the required numbers and that did not occur.
Estimates of Redundancy Entitlements (well mine at least) were run off the computer on April 20 with a projected termination of May 30. Well, QF obviously knew it was going to happen, so they had to pick a termination date and a time to hit the 'run' button on the computer, so I won't dag QF for that.
I don't want to know your friends name, but I doubt he's CNS based, as we are a fairly small port and if that had happened it would have leaked out somehow. And we sure as hell would have noticed if all of a sudden some one stopped showing up to work. If he's on Pprune (or if you want to), then PM me.
MH